Tuesday 19 July 2011

Shabby Bloom Tent Topper Birthday Card

I recently bought the SU! Fancy Flower punch and was chuffed to find the 5-Petal Flower punch shape looks fab layered over it.  I haven't made a tent topper card in a long while so I decided to make one of those.  I used a combo of Wild Wasabi, Night of Navy, Tempting Turquoise, Marina Mist and Whisper White.  I've not used much Night of Navy in the past but I'm really liking it these days.  I wasn't at all fond of those old SU! blues but I love the new colours since the renovation so I'm definitely using more blue in my card making nowadays! 

I started off with a Wild Wasabi card measuring a tad over 4" square and I embossed the bottom with a dotty embossing folder.  I used my Wonky Rectangle Nestie dies for the image panel, stamped the leaf and stem and added the punched grass border.  To make the bloom I punched three of each flower shape, scrunched them up a good few times, sponged the edges of the Marina Mist shapes, spritzed each flower with glimmer mist and attached the bloom to the card with a rhinestone brad.  I stamped the sweet birdie, cut him out, added a gem eye and popped him up.  A strip of Night of Navy card, some turquoise ribbon and a popped up punched sentiment element finished the card front.


I stamped a sentiment and stems and flowers from the Sweet Summer set and coloured them with inks and a blender pen for the envelope and inside the card.


Here's a close up photo of the spritzed bloom.


Supplies:
Stamps: SU! Sweetheart & Sweet Summer sets, 'birthday wishes' from SU! Wow Flowers set, inside sentiment from Hero Arts Yummy Treats clear set
CS: SU! Wild Wasabi, Night of Navy, Marina Mist & Whisper White
Ink: SU! Wild Wasabi, Marina Mist, Night of Navy & Tempting Turquoise
Tools: Wonky Rectangles Nestabilities dies, SU! Fancy Flower, 5-Petal Flower, Word Window & Modern Label punches, Martha Stewart Grass border punch, Cuttlebug Swiss Dots embossing folder
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Tempting Turquoise grosgrain ribbon, Silver Glimmer Mist, SU! rhinestone brad, clear gems, 3d foam pads



Photobucket

1 comment:

Monica Gale said...

Beautiful card Ruth you are very talented, I simply love your cards. Oh an thank you for your sweet comment. M xx

01 09 10