Thursday 21 July 2011

Fun With Three Ferns

I absolutely love this Hero Arts Three Ferns stamp, it's gorgeous!  For Alan's birthday card I started off with a Chocolate Chip 12 cms square card base with an Old Olive mat layer.  I inked the stamp first with Shabby Shutters ink and I then added Peeled Paint and Chocolate Chip inks using sponge daubers.  Before stamping the image onto the Whisper White CS I spritzed the stamp with water.  I had an "oooooooooh" moment after I'd stamped - after years of stamping I still get those oooooh moments when you get a beautiful stamped image!  I love how this stamped image turns out when you use multiple colour inks!  I then stamped the Weathered background over the top with Antique Linen ink and sponged the edges.  I added the sentiment oval and gold nailheads to finish the card front. 


I then stamped and sponged a panel for inside the card.


I stamped and punched a circle element for the envelope.  Part of Alan's gift from us was a big choccy bar.  I wrapped it in Old Olive patterned paper, made a tag and tied it to the gift with Chocolate Chip ribbon.  I must say I was very happy with this card and tag, I really like the warm feel it has. I actually enjoyed making a masculine card - it's a miracle LOL!  Let's hope Alan likes it too!


I thought it was time my CandleLights had a makeover and I made some fern vellum sleeves for them. I stamped the Three Ferns on the vellum with Whisper White craft ink and heat embossed with white embossing powder. I taped the sleeves round the back and added some Old Olive taffeta ribbon. Very simple but I really like them!  Here they are switched off.


Here they are switched on.  Yep, there was another "ooooooooh" moment!




Supplies for card & tag:
Stamps: Hero Arts Three Ferns, SU! Weathered bg stamp, 'Birthday Wishes' from SU! Watercolor Trio set, 'A little something for you' from SU! Yummy set, inside sentiment from Hero Arts Yummy Treats clear set
CS: SU! Chocolate Chip, Old Olive & Whisper White
Patterned paper: SU! Old Olive Prints Designer Series Paper pack
Ink: SU! Chocolate Chip, Tim Holtz Shabby Shutters, Peeled Paint & Antique Linen Distress Inks
Tools: Petite Oval & circle Nestabilities dies, Crop-A-Dile, sponge daubers
Embellishments & accessories: gold nailheads, SU! Chocolate Chip grosgrain ribbon

Supplies for CandleLight sleeves:
Stamps: Hero Arts Three Ferns
CS: SU! Card Stock Vellum
Ink: SU! Whisper White Craft Ink
Embellishments & accessories: white embossing powder, SU! Old Olive taffeta ribbon

Photobucket

2 comments:

Theresa said...

You have done an amazing job with this stamp. Love all your projects, especially the tealight holders.

Sue said...

Brilliant male card and gift i am sure Alan will love it as for the tealight holders they are fantastic and look so expensive Luv Sue x

01 09 10