Friday 1 July 2011

Beaded Circles & Butterflies Birthday Card

I made this card after seeing one on display at the Glitter Pot.  I really loved the aqua and brown colour combo and that the folded over half circles hide the sentiment.  My white card base measures 5 3/4" square. I added a panel of Aqueduct Core'dinations CS and then the patterned paper panel after punching the corners. 

I cut four large beaded circles - two in the plain CS and two in the patterned paper - glued them together and scored them in half.  I then glued the backs of the circles to the square of patterned paper - the patterned paper measures just a tad over 4" square - and glued it to the card front.  I cut two more beaded circles and stamped the sentiment.  I punched 1/4" aqua circles to go on the 'beads' of the circles.  To finish off the card front I added the punched butterfly and some pearls.  This is the card with the half circles closed.


This is the card with the half circles open.


This is the inside of the card.


For the front of the envelope, I used the pop up butterfly punch on the Aqueduct CS,  punched out a circle and matted it onto an Early Espresso beaded circle.  Two clear gems applied to the butterfly body finished it off.


Supplies:
Stamps: 'To you from me' from SU! Best Yet set, inside sentiment from Hero Arts Sending Smiles Messages clear set
CS: white CS, SU! Early Espresso, Core'dinations Aqueduct
Patterned paper: True Blue 'Soar' & 'Snazzy' papers from My Mind's Eye Fine & Dandy collection
Ink: SU! Early Espresso
Tools: Beaded Circles & Petite Ovals Nestabilities dies, Craft Tonic Butterfly & Pop Up Butterfly punches, circle punches, Fiskars Heritage decorative corner punch
Embellishments & accessories:  pearls, clear gems, silver nailheads


Photobucket

2 comments:

kelly said...

this is my all time favourite colour combo, the colours my old lounge was decorated in!
Gorgeous card ruth (as ever)
Kelly xx

Merry said...

Oh wow....I do like this card. Such a terrific design and wonderful colour combo.

01 09 10