Tuesday 14 June 2011

Roses Twisted Easel Birthday Card

This is the birthday card I made for Alan for him to give to Jan.  When we were at the Glitter Pot a couple of weeks ago I picked up a sheet of this gorgeous double sided Prima patterned paper, Jan said "that IS lovely, is that for my birthday card?"  Well, I can take a hint!  I chose the colour scheme based on colours in the paper, using SU! Regal Rose and Old Olive with Core'dinations Broken China. 

The card is a square twisted easel and it fits in a 6" square box/envelope.  I stamped the solid roses in Regal Rose ink and the outline roses in Cherry Cobbler - both stamped off once first.  For the solid leaves I used Old Olive stamped off once and then stamped full strength with olive for the outlines.  I overstamped with the Linen background stamp using Antique Linen ink and also sponged the edges of the Very Vanilla circle.  The vanilla circle is popped up as is the large rose and that also has Dazzling Diamonds sprinkled on.  I layered the Broken China circle onto an Old Olive beaded circle Nestie die cut shape which I decorated with large pearls.  I used nearly a whole package LOL!  I added a row of small pearls underneath the sentiment.  The oval is popped up and I gave it the same treatment as the image panel - Linen overstamping and sponged edges.  The patterned paper is double sided, I used the music score pattern for the front part of the easel card and added a Broken China punched eyelet border.


I decorated the bottom of the card for Alan to write his message on.  I stamped the 'happy' from the sentiment in Broken China ink on a separate piece of CS and cut it out and glued it over the top of the pink word.  I stamped the Linen background stamp on the vanilla oval and sponged the edges.  The roses and leaves were stamped, cut out and glued to the patterned paper strip.


The card was fairly bulky by the time I'd finished - those pearls are rather large and the card wouldn't have fitted comfortably in an envelope.  So I decorated a box/envelope to match the card.  I used a stamp from the Four Frames set and added 'Jan' using die cut letters.  I punched the vanilla label with the Decorative Label punch and then punched two more labels from Broken China CS, cut them apart and layered the pieces behind the vanilla label. The label is popped up over the strip of Old Olive ribbon.  I LOVE this paper, it is SO pretty!  I'm happy to say both Alan and Jan loved the card!


Supplies:
Stamps: SU! A Rose is a Rose & Four Frames sets, SU! Linen background stamp, 'Happy Birthday' from Hobby Art, sentiment on back of card from Hero Arts Sending Smiles Messages clear set
CS: SU! Regal Rose, Old Olive & Very Vanilla, Core'dinations Broken China CS
Patterned paper: Prima 'Spring Tide' from the Madeline collection
Ink: SU! Regal Rose, Old Olive & Cherry Cobbler, Tim Holtz Antique Linen & Broken China distress inks
Tools: Circle, beaded circle & petite oval Nestabilities dies, SU! Decorative Label punch, SU! Eyelet Border punch, Sizzix Naturally Serif alphabet Decorative Strip die, Stamp-A-Ma-Jig
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Old Olive grosgrain ribbon, SU! Dazzling Diamonds, large & small pearls, 3d foam pads


Photobucket

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, I would imagine they would both love it. It's simply beautiful! Thanks for the instructions. I think you did a beautiful job making it and I'd love to try one.

01 09 10