Friday 24 June 2011

Daisies Birthday Card - Sweet Sunday Sketch #122 Card

I really liked the look of this weeks Sweet Sunday Sketch and I decided to make a card using the layout.  A really nice layout, I can see myself using this again!


I've made a 5 3/4" square card rather than a rectangular card though.  I've not been using patterned paper all that much recently but I fell in love with these very happy My Mind's Eye Lime Twist papers.  Papers that go with Old Olive, Baja Breeze and Rich Razzleberry?  They just HAD to go in my basket!

I sponged the edges of the flowery paper before gluing it to the card front.  I also sponged the edges of the dotty banner and die cut leaves which are popped up.   I die cut 3 medium Rich Razzleberry daisies and 3 small Baja Breeze daisies and glued a small punched circle to the back - I find it so much easier to attach the daisy layers together if I have a circle at the back.  I then attached the flower to the large circle with a gem brad.  I stamped 3 buttons, punched them out with a 1/2" circle punch and mounted them onto more punched circles so they were dimensional.  I then applied Glossy Accents to each button.



I will use this as a birthday card so I stamped a birthday message on a circle element for inside the card.  I also covered the envelope flap with the gorgeous flowery paper.


Supplies:
Stamps: Hero Arts Sending Smiles Messages & Sweet Treats clear sets, SU! Button Button set
CS: SU! Baja Breeze, Rich Razzleberry, Old Olive & Whisper White
Patterned paper: My Mind's Eye Lime Twist Happy Go Lucky 'Happy Blooms' & 'Hello Bubbles'
Ink: SU! Rich Razzleberry, Old Olive & Baja Breeze
Tools: Circle Nestabilities dies, SU! Daisies # 2 die, PTI Leaf Prints Collection die, 1/2" circle punch, sponge daubers
Embellishments & accessories: Ranger Glossy Accents, large gem brad, 3d foam tape


Photobucket

1 comment:

cardsandacuppa said...

Love your take on this sketch and the colours you have used are really pretty together too :-)
Hugs, Sarah-Jane xx

01 09 10