Thursday 16 June 2011

Butterflies Notepad & Pen For Jan

This is the notepad and pen I decorated as a gift for Jan.  I know she loves butterflies and as soon as I saw this gorgeous patterned paper at the Glitter Pot I knew it would be perfect to use for a pad and pen combo.  I glued the patterned paper to the Early Espresso CS mat and added the charm brad to the butterfly body.  I then covered the notepad with Broken China Core'dinations CS and glued the Espresso mat to the front.  I loved how the butterfly at the top looked like lined notepaper and I thought it would be ideal to stamp 'notes' there.  Because I matted the paper onto a CS mat, the front of the notepad was heavier and so didn't need to be held closed - for Michelle's notepad I only used paper without a mat layer and I added elastic cord to keep the pad closed.

Then it was on to the pen.  I cut a piece of the patterned paper to size, rolled it and inserted it into the photopen barrel. I blinged up the clip by gluing on pearls.


Then I stamped each page of the notepad - yep, EVERY page - with the gorgeous butterfly from the SU! Strength and Hope set using Broken China ink. In fact I did the same for Michelle's notepad, I stamped each page with a Pale Plum butterfly.  It's time consuming but really worth the effort I think!  This butterfly must now be my most used stamp LOL!


Supplies:
Stamps: Hero Arts Cute Uppercase Letters clear set, SU! Strength & Hope set
CS: SU! Early Espresso, Core'dinations Broken China CS
Patterned paper: Prima 'Skyward' from the Madeline Collection
Ink: SU! early Espresso & Tim Holtz Broken China distress ink
Embellishments & accessories: DoveCraft charm brad, A6 notepad, Shot2Go photopen, pearls



Photobucket

1 comment:

Sue said...

This is a beautifull gift Ruth Luv Sue x

01 09 10