Monday 9 May 2011

Vase of Tulips For You Card For Kelly

Kelly from Kelly's Craftin' Corner left me a comment on a card I'd made with the Terrific Tulips set to say they were a favourite flower of hers.  Kelly is a sweetheart, she often leaves comments so I thought I'd send her a 'just because' tulips card. 

I used the bisque pottery technique again, this time with the Vintage Wallpaper embossing folder.  Oh my word, what a beautiful embossing folder, just gorgeous!  I brayered Crumb Cake ink on the folder and then embossed a piece of Very Vanilla CS.  I think it's a wonderful look, I'm so glad I found out about this technique.  Another great thing I've learned from the web is to use the SU! ornament punch as a vase.  It is so simple, punch out a shape and snip off the bottom so your vase has a flat bottom.  I'm sure I'd have never thought of that in a million years! 

After I'd punched the vase I stamped it with the flourish stamp from the Bliss set, sponged the edges and rolled the vase around a bottle of glue to give it some shape.  When I popped the vase up on the card,  I put a single layer of Dimensionals round the edges but put a double layer in the centre so it would keep its rounded shape.  I cut strips of CS for stems, popped up the tulips and added some glitter.  I used the Eyelet border punch on the Crumb Cake strip and added some Early Espresso narrow taffeta ribbon.  The sentiment (from the One of a Kind set) was stamped in Early Espresso ink on the Pink Pirouette strip.  The finishing touch was to stamp a tulip on the front of the envelope.


Supplies:
Stamps: SU! Terrific Tulips, Bliss & One of a Kind sets
CS: SU! Pink Pirouette, Crumb Cake, Wild Wasabi & Very Vanilla
Ink: SU! Pink Pirouette, Pretty in Pink, Regal Rose, Crumb Cake, Wild Wasabi & Early Espresso
Tools: SU! Vintage Wallpaper embossing folder, SU! Ornament & Eyelet border punches
Embellishments & accessories: SU! 1/8" Early Espresso taffeta ribbon, Star Dust Stickles, SU! Dimensionals


Photobucket

No comments:

01 09 10