Friday 13 May 2011

Happy Mail!

I LOVE getting happy mail through the letterbox!  Wow, look at this fabulous easel card I received from Kelly the other day.  Can you believe it's her first attempt at an easel card?!



Easel cards are definitely a fave of mine and I love the layout, the paper piecing, the sponging, the use of different patterned papers and the Decorative Label punch shape just peeking out is a wonderful touch.   In fact, there are lots of little touches that add interest to this fabby card.  I'm delighted to have received this card and I couldn't wait to CASE it and make my own version.  What a treat to receive a beautiful handmade card - plus inspiration as well!  Thank you so much Kelly, you're a sweetheart!  Please go and check out Kelly's blog - Kelly's Craftin' Corner to see more of her great cards.

So here is my version.  The SU! supplies I used are totally different to what Kelly chose but I changed very, very little in terms of layout and design.  I used the Just Believe stamp set, Blueberry Crisp  papers and Pacific Point, Marina Mist, Sahara Sand and Very Vanilla CS.  I  really like the placement of  the brads on Kelly's card but because I chose a fairly busy paper I thought brads wouldn't show up well.  I chose to add two brads to the image panel and one to the Decorative Label piece instead.  I also matted and layered my image panel and popped it up, again due to the busy papers.  I placed my image panel to the left rather than centrally.  I couldn't help it - I just had to add a pretty Marina Mist embossed butterfly with bling on the body!


I have three birthday cards to give out at my June card group meeting and this will be one of them.  So I put a birthday message panel on the card and finished off by stamping the envelope.  Usually, my cards mix and match products from various companies but I think this might just be a Ruth M rarity - an all SU! card! 


Supplies:
Stamps: SU! Just Believe & Sincere Salutations sets
CS: SU! Pacific Point, Marina Mist, Sahara Sand & Very Vanilla
Patterned paper: SU! Blueberry Crisp Designer Series Paper pack
Ink: SU! Marina Mist, Pacific Point & Night of Navy
Tools: SU! Decorative Label punch, SU! Eyelet border punch, SU! Beautiful Wings Embosslits die, SU! Mat Pack
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Very Vanilla grosgrain ribbon, SU! Vintage brads, SU! Basic Rhinestone, SU! Dimensionals



Photobucket

2 comments:

Sue said...

Wow Ruth this card is fantatic just love the colour Luv Sue x

kelly said...

I like your card better than mine!! Very flattered that you cased it, even if you did do a better job than me. Glad you liked it.
Kelly xx

01 09 10