Friday 15 April 2011

Quilted Thank You Card

I received a BRAK card for my birthday that had used the SU! Top Note die and patterned papers to make a quilt effect.  I really liked it and decided to make one myself even though I don't have the Top Note die.  Instead  I made my version using Labels Eight Nestabilities dies. 

First I cut 12 squares of patterned paper with a plain square Nestie die - using three different patterned papers.  My  squares measure a smidge over 1 1/4" (about 3.2 cms).  I glued them all to a piece of Whisper White CS, cut out my Labels Eight shape and embossed the quilt with the Victoria Cuttlebug embossing folder.  I then cut two larger Labels Eight shapes to form my card base.  I attached some Chocolate Chip ribbon to my quilt before gluing it to the card front and then attached a sentiment tag and Sweet Pea Stitched Felt flowers and leaves.  My faux stitches were made with a white gel pen.



I didn't want a Chocolate Chip card back so I die cut my back panel from Pretty in Pink CS so that I could write my message clearly.  I applied a strip of patterned paper and an oval sentiment.  For the envelope, I covered the flap with patterned paper.  This is the closest I will  ever get to quilting LOL!  It's a great technique for using up paper scraps and I'll definitely make more paper quilts.


Supplies:
Stamps:  thank you from Hero Arts Thank You Messages clear set, thanks so much from SU! Trendy Trees set
CS: SU! Chocolate Chip, Pretty in Pink, Old Olive & Whisper White
Patterned paper: SU! Sweet Pea Designer Series Paper pack
Ink: SU! Chocolate Chip, white gel pen
Tools: Labels Eight, plain square & petite oval Nestabilities dies, Victoria Cuttlebug embossing folder
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Sweet Pea Stitched Felt accents, SU! Chocolate Chip grosgrain ribbon, glue dots


Photobucket

1 comment:

kelly said...

Ruth, this is just gorgeous, I have those papers and stitched felt flowers somewhere, must dig them out and use them!!
kelly xx

01 09 10