Thursday 21 April 2011

Oval Shaped Have A Wonderful Birthday Card - WT319

I checked out today's Ways To Use It WT319 challenge on Splitcoast Stampers to find the theme was ovals.  I like making shaped cards but I've not made a plain oval shaped card before so I decided to do that.  I combined two clear Inkadinkado sets and used a colour combo of Marina Mist, Rose Red, Wild Wasabi and white.

The card base was made with two Marina Mist ovals cut with the largest Petite Oval Nestability die glued together.  I cut a smidgen off the bottom of the back oval so the card stands up.  I stamped the flourish twice, stamped the sentiment and then stamped my flowers on a separate piece of CS and cut them out.  I stamped the flowers with Marina Mist ink, stamping off once first and then rock and rolling.  I attached them to the card with 3d glue dots and added blue gems to the centres.  I also added a smaller blue gem to the dot over the i in Birthday.  I stamped the butterfly circle from the Nostalgia set on the envelope flap as that stamp is just perfect for that!  It's a sweet little card, it fits in a 12 x 9.5 cms (4 3/4" x 3 3/4") envelope.


Supplies:
Stamps: Inkadinkado 'Flourishes' & 'Nostalgia' clear sets
CS: SU! Marina Mist, Rose Red & Whisper White
Ink: SU! Wild Wasabi, Rose Red & Marina Mist
Tools: Petite Oval Nestabilities dies
Embellishments & accessories: PaperMania Aqua adhesive stones, 3d glue dots


Photobucket

No comments:

01 09 10