Tuesday 19 April 2011

Mini Tulips Easter Cards

These are two Easter cards I made with the sweet SU! Watercolor Minis stamp set.  The first card has a colour combo of Old Olive, Rose Red, Regal Rose and Whisper White.  I stamped the gorgeous flourish stamp from the Baroque Motifs set as a background using Old Olive ink.  I added pretty details of ribbon, a decorative punched border plus glitter on the tulips and butterfly.


This next card is a 4 1/4" square easel card.  The CS colours I used for this card are Pink Pirouette, Pear Pizzazz, Early Espresso and Whisper White.  I used a piece of Cottage Wall patterned paper.  The stamping was done using Pink Pirouette, Regal Rose, Pear Pizzazz, Pale Plum, Perfect Plum and Early Espresso inks.  I sprinkled glitter on the tulips and stamped butterfly.  The Pear Pizzazz panel was embossed with the Square Lattice folder.   The Early Espresso mat was cut with a Lacey Square Nestability die.  For the easel 'stop' I layered an embossed butterfly from the Beautiful Wings die over a butterfly from the Beautiful Butterflies Bigz die - love how they work together!  I joined the two butterflies with a lovely Wild Rose Studio green polka dot brad.  I've placed dimensionals with the backing paper still on under the wings so the butterfly will stay popped up.


Photobucket

No comments:

01 09 10