Thursday 14 April 2011

Faux Wood Circle Thanks So Much Card

A while ago I came across a card where a stamper had stamped onto a thin wood panel and it looked fab.  I thought hmmmm, I have a woodgrain stamp - I can cheat and do it the faux way!  It's something I've had in the back of my mind to do and I finally got round to making it a reality.  I stamped the woodgrain on Creamy Caramel CS in Creamy Caramel ink and then stamped my butterflies image.  I used a Nestability die to cut the circle and I cut a couple of extra circles and glued them together to make the element a bit more chunky. 
I embossed my Old Olive background panel with a Texturz Plate and I added a circular thanks sentiment with a black brad centre.  I like how this turned out and will try it again soon - great for masculine cards I think!


Supplies:
Stamps: Inkadinkado Nostalgia clear set, Hero Arts Thank You Messages clear set
CS: SU! Creamy Caramel, Old Olive & Basic Black
Ink: SU! Creamy Caramel, Memento Tuxedo Black
Tools: Circle Nestabilities dies, Sizzix Ivy Flourishes Texturz Plate
Embellishments & accessories: black brad, 3d foam pads


Photobucket

No comments:

01 09 10