Wednesday 13 April 2011

Two Butterfly Cards

I went to our SU! Make and Take evening last night and we played with the Beautiful Butterflies Bigz die - which I'd already been playing with earlier in the day!  It's a lovely die, I'm SO glad I got it!  I was blog surfing a few days ago and I came across this butterfly easel card made with the die.  I decided to make one for my friend Jan who is poorly at the moment. 

Oh my word, this dinky little card is so sweet!  I used Pink Pirouette CS but sponged the edges with Pretty in Pink ink after embossing.  For the smaller butterfly I layered a Whisper White one behind a butterfly cut out from the black polka dot acetate window sheet that came with the Night and Day paper pack.  I attached the butterfly layers together with a pale pink polka dot brad.  A simple sentiment stamped in black finished off the card.  I then embossed the envelope flap with the Square Lattice folder and brayered Pink Pirouette ink over the embossing.  LOVE how that turned out!


This next card is the one we made with Joanne at the Make and Take last night.  Joanne also designed a gorgeous gift box made with the Mini Milk Carton die but I mucked mine up and didn't finish it.  I loved this card as soon as I set eyes on it on Joanne's table and I was so glad I've ordered the Elegant Bouquet embossing folder!  We brayered inside the folder with Pink Pirouette ink before embossing - with fab results, what a lovely look!  We embossed the Perfect Plum butterfly with the Square Lattice folder and the smaller butterfly was cut out of a piece of Springtime Vintage paper.  Silver elastic cord was used as antennae and we then added three tiny pearls to the body.  For the sentiment, we layered a Very Vanilla die cut shape from the Sizzlits 'Lots of Tags' set over a punched textured Perfect Plum Decorative Label.  The finishing touch for the card front was to add two pearls to the sentiment panel.


We then embossed a Pink Pirouette panel for the inside of the card, again having inked inside the folder first.  I added a sentiment to my card this morning and was delighted to find another of my stamps that fits the Decorative Label punch!



Supplies for butterfly easel card:
Stamps: SU! Sweet Little Sentiments set
CS: SU! Pink Pirouette & Whisper White
Patterned paper: black polka dot acetate from SU! Night & Day Designer Series Paper pack
Ink: SU! Pretty in Pink, Memento Tuxedo Black
Tools: Beautiful Butterflies Bigz die, Stamp-A-Ma-Jig
Embellishments & accessories: Wild Rose Studio polka dot brad


Supplies for butterfly Birthday Wishes card:
Stamps: SU! Sincere Salutations set, inside sentiment from Hero Arts
CS: SU! Perfect Plum, Pink Pirouette & Very Vanilla
Patterned paper: SU! Springtime Vintage Designer Series Paper pack
Ink: SU! Pink Pirouette & Perfect Plum
Tools: Beautiful Butterflies Bigz die, die from Sizzlits 'Lots of Tags' set, Elegant Bouquet embossing folder, SU! Decorative Label punch
Embellishments & accessories: SU! silver elastic cord, SU! Basic Pearls, SU! Dimensionals


Photobucket

1 comment:

kelly said...

good morning Ruth!
I love the detail of the embossed envelope flap, will definitely be using that technique on my envelopes!
what gorgeous projects!
Shame about the box :(

kelly xx

01 09 10