Saturday 9 April 2011

April 2011 Card Group Projects

It was our April card group meeting last Thursday - and also my birthday.  I got to spend the afternoon with a fun group of ladies making cards, I received lots of lovely cards many of which were handmade, I received a gorgeous flower arrangement, hubby made me a scrummy meal and dessert, we had good friends round to share that and I got some fab gifts and some new crafty goodies to play with - I call that a perfect birthday!  After last month's masculine cards it was back to feminine and flowers - just how I like it!

The first card uses the SU! Just Believe stamp set - one of my faves for sure!  The Rose Red panel was stamped with a woodgrain stamp in Rose Red ink and Old Olive and Not Quite Navy layers were added.    We used markers to colour the flowers and then sponged the edges of the white panel with Old Olive ink.  I saw the oval punch vase idea at Mary's Stampin' Pretty blog - ingenious!  Here's a link to the video showing how to make the vase.  After I'd stamped the design on the vase I edged it with the Not Quite Navy marker to add some definition and rolled it around a marker pen to give some shape to the vase.  I then popped it up with 3d foam pads.  I stamped the 'just for you' inside the leafy frame, cut it out, sponged the edges and popped that up too.  The finishing touch was to add three silver pearls.


The next card is a one layer tulips birthday card - I thought April was the perfect month for tulip cards.  A very simple design but I think the tulip stamps are just lovely, they look watercoloured.  I'm very happy I've added the tulips to my two-step floral stamps collection!  The yellow tulip was stamped with Barely Banana and Memento Canteloupe inks, the purple one with SU! Pale Plum and Perfect Plum (stamped off once) and the pink one with Pretty in Pink and Regal Rose inks.  The leaves were stamped with Certainly Celery ink.  So just stamping, a rounded corner and three coloured gems on this card.


More two-step floral stamping on this card, this time using the Rose is a Rose SU! set.  The card is a side opening A6 size made with Pretty in Pink CS.  The Victorian Lace background stamp was stamped on the front with Pretty in Pink ink.  The roses were stamped using Pretty in Pink and Ruby Red inks and Old Olive (stamped off once) for the solid leaves and full strength Old Olive for the outlines.  I stamped the Antique Cracking background stamp over the white panel in Antique Linen distress ink and sponged the edges.  Then I used the SU! Spiral Border punch along the left hand side.  The large rose was cut out and popped up and to finish off, a birthday sentiment and an Early Espresso strip were added.

  

Supplies for vase card:
Stamps: SU! Just Believe set, Hero Arts Woodgrain background stamp
CS: Hemp textured white square card blank, SU! Rose Red, Old Olive, Not Quite Navy & Whisper White
Ink: SU! Old Olive, Rose Red & Not Quite Navy
Tools: SU! 1 1/4" circle & plain oval punches
Embellishments & accessories: self adhesive silver pearls, 3d foam pads


Supplies for tulips card:
Stamps: SU! Terrific Tulips set, sentiment from Hero Arts
CS: Anita's white A6 card blank
Ink:  SU! Certainly Celery, Pretty in Pink, Regal Rose, Pale Plum, Perfect Plum & Barely Banana, Memento Tuxedo Black & Canteloupe
Tools:  Stamp-A-Ma-Jig, Crop-A-Dile Corner Chomper
Embellishments & accessories: coloured gems from Anita's gem wheel


Supplies for roses card:
Stamps: SU! A Rose is a Rose & Sincere Salutations sets, SU! Victorian Lace & Antique Cracking background stamps
CS: SU! Pretty in Pink, Early Espresso & Whisper White
Ink: SU! Pretty in Pink, Ruby Red, Old Olive & Early Espresso, Tim Holtz Antique Linen Distress Ink
Tools: Stamp-A-Ma-Jig, SU! Spiral Border punch
Embellishments & accessories: 3d foam pads


Photobucket

1 comment:

Monica Gale said...

Stunning cards Ruth, and Happy Belated birthday from a fellow aires *wink*, hugs M xx

01 09 10