Friday 11 March 2011

Nostalgia Butterflies BRAK Card

Oh my goodness, I love the Inkadinkado Nostalgia set - gorgeous, flourishy floral butterfly image, a lovely birthday sentiment and a circle butterfly image perfect for the flap of envelopes - hello, what's not to love?!  It had my name on it for sure.  I'll be using this as a birthday RAK card so I kept it fairly flat for ease of posting.

I started off with a side opening Perfect Plum A6 card base which I stamped with the SU! Bella Toile background stamp.  I cut off a tad from the right hand side and added a punched Old Olive border and a narrow Elegant Eggplant strip.  I inked the main image with three different Memento inks and after stamping I cut it and a mat layer out with petite oval Nestie dies.  I overstamped the main image with the SU! Weathered background stamp in Antique Linen ink and I sponged the edges.  I've added a touch of sparkle with some pale purple gems.


Then I stamped the envelope - LOVE this butterfly circle image, it is so perfect for envelope flaps!  Then I stamped a Vanilla panel for inside.  I stamped the Weathered background, sponged the edges and stamped the sentiment.  Finally, I added the fancy flower flourish corners. 


The set includes a lovely 'handmade' stamp so I used that for the back of the card.



Supplies:
Stamps: Inkadinkado Nostalgia clear set, SU! Bella Toile & Weathered background stamps
CS: SU! Perfect Plum, Old Olive, Elegant Eggplant & Very Vanilla
Ink: SU! Perfect Plum, Memento Bamboo Leaves, Sweet Plum & Grape Jelly, Tim Holtz Antique Linen distress ink
Tools: Petite oval Nestabilities dies, Martha Stewart Eyelet Lace border punch
Embellishments & accessories: Pale purple gems

Photobucket

No comments:

01 09 10