Wednesday 23 March 2011

Medallion & Bliss Best Wishes On Your Birthday Card

As soon as I saw the Bliss set I felt it would work well with the Vintage Vogue set - and it does.  My next experiment was to see how well it worked with the Medallion stamp and here's the result.  Yep, Bliss and Medallion as a combo works for me!  Another combo that works for me is Baja Breeze paired with Early Espresso - lovely! - I added in some Very Vanilla too.

I started off with an espresso A6 card.  Then I stamped my vanilla panel, firstly with the Victorian Lace background stamp in Antique Linen distress ink.  Then I added the medallion and the large Hero Arts birthday sentiment.  I stamped Victorian Lace again in Antique Linen on a piece of vanilla CS, stamped the flourish from the Bliss set and cut it out with a circle Nestie die.  I sponged the edges of the main panel and the vanilla circle with Antique Linen ink followed by a touch of Early Espresso ink.  Next I stamped the butterfly in Baja Breeze ink and I edged it in Antique Linen and Early Espresso.  I popped up the wings a bit and then added two pearls to the body.

This is probably the closest I'll get to making a really shabby chic, vintage style card.  I definitely gravitate towards a clean style most of the time - but a sponge dauber for distressing edges is never far from my hands these days!  Anyway, I was happy when the card was finished and I'll likely use it as a birthday RAK card.


For inside the card, I stamped a vanilla panel with the Victorian Lace background stamp and added a partial Bliss flourish at the bottom.  I'd just received a new Inkadinkado clear 'Collaged Expressions' set so I used one of the frames from that set to stamp my sentiment in.  That gorgeous Bliss flourish looks so elegant stamped on an envelope flap!


Supplies:
Stamps: SU! Bliss set, SU! Medallion & Victorian Lace stamps, Hero Arts Friends are Treasures cling set, Inkadinkado Collaged Expressions clear set
CS: SU! Early Espresso & Very Vanilla
Ink: SU! Early Espresso & Baja Breeze, Tim Holtz Antique Linen distress ink
Tools: Circle Nestabilities dies, Stamp-A-Ma-Jig, sponge daubers
Embellishments & accessories: self adhesive half pearls


Photobucket

No comments:

01 09 10