Tuesday 1 February 2011

Round Damask Flower Thank You Card

I found these circle cards in my stash when I had the big clear up in my craft room and I decided to use one to send as a thank you card to a friend.  On a trip to the Glitter Pot some Hero Arts stamps found their way into my basket.  I couldn't resist this gorgeous damask flower - nor the matching background stamp.  I couldn't resist the Nellie circle dies either, they are called flower dies but they look like a doily to me.  The set comes with alternating plain and eyelet dies. 

I stamped the background in Rose Red ink after stamping off twice first.  For the image, I stamped the flower three times, once in Pear Pizzazz, once in Rose Red  full strength and again in Rose Red stamped off twice.  I cut out the flower parts, added Star Dust Stickles to the centre and have popped them up.    The For You tag is also popped up.


I used a new clear Hero Arts set for the inside - this set was half price in the sale, yay!  I stamped the frame twice, once direct to the inside of the card and again on Pear Pizzazz CS.  I cut out the pear piece, glued it over the top and added the sentiment.  I then coloured in the leaves and flowers with marker pens.


The set includes a sweet circular handmade stamp so I just had to add that on the back of the card.


Supplies:
Stamps: Hero Arts Little Stencil Flower & Paper Art cling stamps & Thank You So Much clear set
CS: Woodware white round card blank, SU! Pear Pizzazz, Rose Red & Whisper White
Ink: SU! Chocolate Chip ink, various colour marker pens
Tools: Nellie Flower die, circle Nestabilities dies, Cuttlebug Tiny Tags die, sponge dauber
Embellishments & accessories: Star Dust Stickles, SU! clear rhinestone brad, foam tape

Photobucket

No comments:

01 09 10