Saturday 15 January 2011

Winter Owl Candle Jar Wrap

Our friends Debbie and Mike gave us this lovely scented candle in a jar before Christmas.  It's scented with cherry and almond fragrance - yummy, it makes me want Bakewell tart each time I light it LOL!  It's a big candle and will last us a long time, it has a 100 hour burn time.  We used it over Christmas and before I lit it I decided to make a wrap for it.  I made it a winter themed wrap as opposed to a specific Christmassy one so I could keep it out after Christmas.

I wrapped olive snowflake paper around the body of the jar.  Nothing is adhered to the glass so that I can easily swap out the wrap if I want to.  I used Labels Four Nestability dies for the image and mat layers.  I punched holes in the olive mat and tied it onto the jar with vanilla ribbon.  I embossed the cherry mat with the Victorian Fleur embossing folder and popped it up.  After stamping the owl and die cutting the label shape, I edged the shape with olive ink and added an olive crystal to the centre of the large snowflake.  I've also popped up the owl layer.

For the lid, I die cut cherry and olive circles.  I stamped a large snowflake on vanilla CS, die cut it into a circle, edged the circle with ink and put an olive crystal in the centre.  The olive and snowflake layers are popped up.


Supplies:
Stamps: Inkadinkado Winter Birds clear set, My Cute Stamps Let It Snow clear set
CS: SU! Old Olive, Cherry Cobbler and Very Vanilla
Patterned paper: SU! Merry Moments Designer Series Paper pack
Ink: Memento ink in Rich Cocoa & Rhubarb Stalk
Tools: Labels Four & circle Nestabilities dies, PaperMania Victorian Fleur embossing folder, Crop-A-Dile
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Very Vanilla grosgrain ribbon, olive crystals, 3d foam pads


Photobucket

1 comment:

Curt in Indy said...

You did a beautiful job with this Ruth. That owl stamp is gorgeous. Just from your description, that candle sounds like it would smell wonderful! Best, Curt

01 09 10