Friday 21 January 2011

Two Thank You Cards Made With The Just Believe Set

I absolutely love the SU! Just Believe set, I've used it for quite a few cards recently.  These two thank you cards will be the last for a while I think, it's time to move on to other stamps!  The first card was sent to Dawn Rapsas to say thank you for the opportunity to design for the UStamp events and for the SU! goodies she sent as gifts.  It seemed only right to use one of the sets I chose as a gift.

I made this card very similar to others I've made recently, using bright colours teamed with a pop of black. I made a So Saffron side opening A6 landscape card, cut a bit off the right hand side and glued a strip of Melon Mambo CS on the inside.  The circles overlap the edge.  I stamped the leafy silhouette in saffron ink, added a strip of patterned paper and a Marina Mist strip edged with the Eyelet Border punch.  The thank you panel is popped up.  The flowery circles were stamped in saffron, melon and marina inks, punched out and matted on larger black  circles.


I also stamped inside the card.


Not forgetting the envelope.


The second thank you card was made for Joanne who very kindly lent me some SU! supplies to make my UStamp project.  I received a lovely swap card from Nancy Horn a few days ago and I loved her Pear Pizzazz, Rose Red and Baja Breeze colour combo and I had to make a card with it straight away!  I also used the Mojo Monday 97 sketch for the layout.  I found a print out of the sketch when I cleared out my craft room recently - I'd had it since July 2009 and not made a card with it so it was about time I used it!

This is a Pear Pizzazz side opening A6 landscape card.  The patterned paper at the bottom is from the retired Ski Slope DSP pack.  I stamped the leafy silhouette in pear ink, stamping off first and then stamping again full strength.  The thank you panel is popped up.  You can't tell from the photo but I've added shimmer to the card by spritzing the leafy circle, thank you panel and the two flower circles with Champagne Mist spray.  I added a button threaded with a thin strip of Rose Red CS to the layered photo corners.  I also added a flowery circle element to the envelope flap.


Then I decorated the inside of the card.


Supplies for card one:
Stamps: SU! Just Believe set
CS: SU! So Saffron, Melon Mambo, Basic Black & Whisper White
Patterned paper: SU! Night & Day Designer Series Paper pack
Ink: SU! So Saffron, Melon Mambo and Marina Mist, black StazOn
Tools: SU! Eyelet Border punch, SU! circle punches
Embellishments & accessories: 3d foam pads


Supplies for card two:
Stamps: SU! Just Believe & inside sentiment from Trendy Trees set
CS: SU! Pear Pizzazz, Rose Red, Baja Breeze & Very Vanilla
Patterned paper: SU! Ski Slope Designer Series Paper pack
Ink: SU! Pear Pizzazz, Baja Breeze & Rose Red
Tools: Circle Nestabilities dies, SU! Photo Corners punch, circle punches
Embellishments & accessories: Spritz spray made with SU! Champagne Mist Shimmer Paint, SU! Latte Designer button, 3d foam pads


Photobucket

1 comment:

Pauline said...

These a lovely and vibrant, sure to brighten anyone's mantelpiece!

01 09 10