Saturday 8 January 2011

Thank You Card For Debbie & Mike

We spent Christmas day with our fabulous friends Debbie and Mike.  We had a wonderful, relaxing day with delicious food and lovely gifts.  This is the thank you card I made for them.  I used my fab new SU! set I got from the USA as a gift for designing for the UStamp Year End Blow Out event.  The set is called Day of Gratitude, it's a Thanksgiving set not available from the UK catalogue.  I absolutely fell in love with the images in the set - how cute is that little acorn?!  Debbie loves leaves so I know she'll like this set too. 

I made a side opening A6 landscape card in Chocolate Chip CS. The embossed panel is Really Rust and the bottom panel is Pear Pizzazz and I added a strip of Very Vanilla ribbon. I stamped the medallion in pear ink, cut it out and I've added a gorgeous Antique brad to the centre - another fab UStamp gift I received. I stamped the acorns in Choc Chip and the leaves in Crumb Cake, Old Olive and Really Rust and cut them out. The medallion, one acorn on the medallion and the acorn on the sentiment are all popped up.


For the inside of the card, I used various stamps from the Elzybells 'Thank you for' sentiment set.  The image on the circle is from the Day of Gratitude set - I inked it using marker pens so I could get three different colours.  I put the same element on the flap of the envelope.


Supplies:
Stamps: SU! Day of Gratitude set, Elzybells Thank you for clear set
CS: SU! Chocolate Chip, Really Rust, Pear Pizzazz & very Vanilla
Ink: SU! Pear Pizzazz, Really Rust, Crumb Cake, Old Olive & Chocolate Chip
Tools: Victoria Cuttlebug embossing folder, Spellbinders Labels Trio die
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Very Vanilla grosgrain ribbon, SU! Antique brad, sponge daubers, 3d foam pads


Photobucket

1 comment:

Greetings by Gosia said...

Thank you for posting this beautiful card! I copied it for my neighbors--but having 14 cards to make in one evening, I modified a little: Instead of the leaves and acorns, which 84 elements to cut out, I just stamped 6 acorns across the green strip in chocolate chip. I did a few straight, but then decided the acorns looked nice playfully slanted right & left. I used the word window punch (vanilla)layered with the modern label punch (crumb cake) and the "happy thanksgiving" stamp from teeny tiny wishes in chocolate chip for the greeting.
I definitely will be copying this beautiful design again, maybe in different colors for the spring; but I will be looking forward to using this again next fall!

01 09 10