Monday 10 January 2011

CAS Snowman Card

I checked today's CAS challenge on Splitcoast Stampers and saw that it was titled a Day in the Snow.  I thought that was the perfect nudge for me to ink up my new Basic Grey set of snowman stamps.  Well, I did ink them up and then promptly wished I hadn't!  Oh dear, that set was an unwise purchase for sure.  Anyway, plan B was to dig out a favourite, oldie but goodie, reliable snowman stamp.

I made an A6 size Real Red card which has the fold at the top.  I embossed most of the front with the Cuttlebug Snowflakes folder and added gingham ribbon above the embossing.  I stamped the snowman and coloured him with Copic markers.  I've applied  Stickles to the holly berries, the nose, the star and the line of snow at the bottom.  I used oval Nellie Multiframe dies for the sentiment and added red brads.  The sentiment oval is popped up.

I always edit my photos in Picasa and I noticed a new feature where you can further edit your photos in Picnik.  I checked it out and saw you could add frames so I gave it a go - I rather like it!


This photo shows how I decorated the inside.  I stamped snowflakes and the sentiment and then used the oval dies and red brads again.  I also added a blue snowflake embossed strip. 


Supplies:
Stamps: SU! Penny Black Brush Snowman, Personal Impressions Christmas Messages set, PSX Snowflakes Medley, Penny Black Each Friend
CS: SU! Real Red, black CS, Bazzill orange peel textured Teal CS, Craftwork Cards Digital CS
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, VersaFine Onyx Black, ColorBox Robins Egg, Copic markers
Tools: Oval Nellie Multiframe dies, Cuttlebug Snowflakes embossing folder
Embellishments & accessories: black & white gingham ribbon, red brads, Stickles in Xmas Red, Orange Peel, Yellow & Star Dust, 3d foam pads


Photobucket

No comments:

01 09 10