Wednesday 8 December 2010

Round Chrysanthemum Just For You Birthday Card - WMSC26

I haven't made a round card in ages and I love shaped cards so I really enjoyed taking part in this weeks Waltzingmouse Stamps sketch challenge.  Here's the sketch:
My card measures just under 4 3/4" and I used my large Coluzzle circle template to cut the circles of CS and the semi circles of patterned paper.  I glued the papers to the front circle, applied a strip of ribbon and then scored a line on the back circle and attached the two circles together to form the card.  I then sliced a tad off the bottom so the card stands up.

I've stamped the flowers and leaves on patterned papers, sponged all the edges and cut them out.  I attached the two flowers together with a gem brad.  The flowers are popped up with 3d glue dots.  I die cut the sentiment with a Labels Trio die, glued it to the card front and trimmed off the excess, following the curve of the card.  I then gussied up the sentiment with three punched flowers with crystal centres.



Then I decorated the inside of the card and glued some patterned paper to the envelope flap.  Happy I've used some more patterned paper from my big stash!



Supplies:
Stamps: WMS Big Blooms Chrysanthemums and Say It With Style sets
CS: SU! Regal Rose & Whisper White
Patterned paper: SU! Spring Fling & Sweet Always Designer Series Paper packs
Ink: SU! Chocolate Chip, Regal Rose & Old Olive
Tools: Large Coluzzle circle template, circle Nestability dies, Spellbinders Labels Trio die, X Cut mini flower punch
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Chocolate Chip grosgrain ribbon, Dovecraft gem brad, clear crystals, 3d glue dots


Photobucket

6 comments:

Lavender Rose said...

Your card is really pretty and I love the colours you have used.

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Awww... so sweet, lovely DP with amazing embellishment!

Julia Aston said...

So pretty in pink! love the layered flower and pretty leaves - thanks for playing with the WMS sketch this week!

Mona Pendleton said...

Beautiful card Ruth - both inside and out! Love the layered flower! Thanks for playing along with the WMSC :)

Clare said...

beautiful! thanks for joining us this week at the WMSC!

Unknown said...

BEAUTIFUL!!!!!

01 09 10