Friday 31 December 2010

Flowers Just For You December Stamper's Ten Make & Take Card

This is the card I made at Joanne's December Make and Take evening.  We had three projects lined up, two cards and a Santa chocolate holder.  I'm afraid to say I was far too interested in chatting and eating Joanne's delicious home made mince pies with her utterly fabulous brandy butter and I only got this one card made!  I did, however, start the second card but disaster struck.  It was a beautiful scene card using the Lovely As A Tree set and involved masking, sponging, stamping off and using the Stamp-A-Ma-Jig.  I had done ALL that and then I dropped the open Early Espresso ink pad right on my card - arrrgh!  My friend Jan said the expression on my face was priceless!  Sadly, I wasn't able to rescue the card so I'll remake it later on when I get my own espresso ink pad. 

I loved the Just Believe stamp set as soon as I saw it in the new catalogue and it immediately went on my wish list.  As a result of designing for the UStamp with Dawn & Friends Get a Jump on your Jingle event I was able to choose some SU! goodies and I chose this set as my gift.  It arrived a few days ago - together with my other gifts for designing for the Year End Blow Out event.  Being asked to design was a thrill and getting free SU! goodies on top is just the icing on the cake!  Huge thanks to Dawn for her generosity.  I'm looking forward to playing with my new stamps so much!

Anyway, to make the card we used Crumb Cake CS.  We inked the stamp with markers and then spritzed at arms length with water and stamped onto Confetti White CS.  This gives a watercolour look to the image.  Then we got to play with the Color Spritzer tool.  We put a Crumb Cake marker pen into the tool and spritzed the panel  to add speckles - great fun!  A stamped leafy border, a fancy punched border, some ribbon and a sentiment and the card was finished. 


I asked Joanne if I could stamp inside my card too - surprise, surprise!  I used the gorgeous leafy frame and the thank you stamps.


Supplies:
Stamps: SU! Just Believe set
CS: SU! Crumb Cake, Cherry Cobbler & Confetti White
Ink: SU! Certainly Celery, Cherry Cobbler & Chocolate Chip ink pads, Certainly Celery, Cherry Cobbler & Crumb Cake marker pens
Tools: SU! Scallop Trim Border punch, SU! Color Spritzer Tool, Stamp-A-Ma-Jig
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Certainly Celery 1/8" taffeta ribbon


Photobucket

1 comment:

Pauline said...

This is a very serene card, love the muted colours and I am a big fan of kraft card right now, it makes such a great base. Happy new year xx

01 09 10