Monday 6 December 2010

CAS Snowmen Merry Christmas - Craft For Life Card

I have a collection of Christmas cards to take to the Cancer Research UK shop to support the Craft For Life campaign and this is my last Christmas card this year for the campaign.  Today's CAS96 challenge on Splitcoast Stampers was to use a bow.  I've made a flat bow by wrapping a strip of ribbon around a loop.

I fancied making a crisp white and red card and I wanted to use one of my fave images.  I love this line of snowmen!  It doesn't  get a lot of use - it's great for the front of envelopes.  It's a wheel stamp but I unmounted it and use it with an acrylic block.  There are a  few older Christmas stamps in my stash that I'm very fond of and will never part with and I try to use them at least once each year.  The more Christmas stamps I acquire the less I can use all the ones I've got.  I don't seem capable of not buying new Christmas stamps each year although I tell myself I don't need any!

I stamped the line of snowmen and then applied a strip of Woodware double sided adhesive sheet, peeled off the backing paper and sprinkled on crystal glitter.  Double sided adhesive is a great way to glitter a larger area I've found.  I stamped the sentiment, applied the ribbon and flat bow and to finish I rounded the bottom corners.  It's been really gloomy here today so I wasn't able to get a great photo.


Supplies:
Stamps: SU! Snow Fun wheel stamp, SU! Contempo Christmas set
CS: white CS
Ink: SU! Real Red
Tools: Crop-A-Dile Corner Chomper
Embellishments & accessories: Woodware double sided adhesive sheet, red & white dotty grosgrain ribbon, crystal ultrafine glitter



Photobucket

1 comment:

Donna Heber said...

Ruth,

Beautiful CAS card! I love how you created your snow ... so sparkly!

01 09 10