Tuesday 23 November 2010

Two Challenge Cards

Yesterday's CAS94 challenge on Splitcoast Stampers was to use sponging on your card.  That gave me a great reason to make another sparkly Santa with trees card.  I sponged Bashful Blue ink for the sky after using a punched circle mask for the moon.  I then edged the panel with Marina Mist ink.  I sprinkled ultrafine crystal glitter on the trees to finish.



Today's colour combo CC298 challenge was Chocolate, Cherry, Crumb Cake - well, I'm afraid I couldn't resist that!  I'm on a diet and all I could think of while making this card was the Black Forest muffin our local Waitrose used to sell.  It was a double chocolate chip  muffin with a gooey dark cherry filling - heavenly!  It's just as well for my diet that they don't sell them any more.

I decided to make a winter birthday card and I'll use this as a Birthday RAK card.  This owl stamp is from a clear set and the SU! classic inks don't work well with it.  So I ended up throwing some rhubarb in with the chocolate, cherry and crumb cake - Memento Rhubarb Stalk ink.  I stamped the frame, cut out the Labels Four Nestie shape and then stamped the sentiment and owl.  I embossed the Cherry Cobbler panel with the gorgeous Cuttlebug snow flurry folder.  Before gluing down the owl panel I attached a strip of Chocolate Chip satin ribbon. 

The colour combo challenge also had a "dessert option" which was to add a glaze.  I applied VersaMark ink to some Chocolate Chip CS and embossed it with clear embossing powder - I gave it a couple of coats - then I punched out a snowflake.  Oof, it was hard to punch out, I was a tad worried I might break my punch but it worked out fine.  It's hard to see in the photo but the snowflake is so glossy.  I've put a rhinestone brad in the centre.  To finish off the card front, I sprinkled clear gems on some of the snowflakes.



Then I decorated the inside and the envelope flap.


Supplies for Merry Christmas card:
Stamps: SU! Lovely As A Tree & Contempo Christmas sets, Santa & sleigh from All Night Media
CS: SU! Bashful Blue & Whisper White
Ink: SU! Bashful Blue & Marina Mist, Memento Tuxedo Black
Tools: SU! 1 1/4" circle punch, sponge, sponge dauber, Stamp-A-Ma-Jig
Embellishments & accessories: Crystal ultrafine glitter


Supplies for Birthday Wishes card:
Stamps: Inkadinkado Winter Birds clear set, Waltzingmouse Stamps Very Vintage Labels No. 4 clear set, Birthday Wishes sentiment from SU! Wow Flowers set, inside sentiment by Hero Arts
CS: SU! Chocolate Chip, Cherry Cobbler & Crumb Cake
Ink: SU! Chocolate Chip, Memento Rhubarb Stalk, VersaMark
Tools: Labels Four Nestabilities die, snowflake folder from Cuttlebug Winter Wonderland embossing folder set, Woodware snowflake punch, Sizzix Baroque die, circle punches, Stamp-A-Ma-Jig
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Chocolate Chip satin ribbon, SU! clear rhinestone brad, Anita's gem wheel


Photobucket

No comments:

01 09 10