Monday 22 November 2010

Growing Green Cards

Here are two cards I've made using my new SU! Growing Green stamp set, I am loving this set!  The first card is a Crumb Cake A6 size and I used it to send a note to a friend.  I was inspired by the cards on page 56 of the UK SU! catalogue.  I loved the soft earthy tones.  One of the cards had ink spatters so I replicated that by using a speckled background stamp from the Itty Bitty Backgrounds set.  Just simple stamping and I paper pieced the flower by stamping on a piece of Bella Bleu paper.  I added some green dotty ribbon and a button threaded with linen thread.



The second card is a side opening A6 size made with Confetti White CS and I will use this as a Birthday RAK card.  I've done some distress sponging on this one.  I've cut a window out of the card front with a Labels Four Nestie die.  The sentiment panel is glued to a larger Crumb Cake Labels Four shape and is glued inside the card.  I've used different Bella Bleu papers for the sentiment panel and the flowers.  I've added some branches punched from the SU! Bird punch.  I then decorated a co-ordinating envelope by stamping the gorgeous fern stamp on the envelope front and then adding a strip of Bella Bleu paper.



Supplies for For You card:
Stamps: SU! Growing Green, Fresh Cuts & Itty Bitty Backgrounds sets
CS: SU! Crumb Cake & Whisper White
Patterned paper: SU! Bella Bleu Designer Series Paper pack
Ink: SU! Crumb Cake & Chocolate Chip
Embellishments & accessories:  My Mind's Eye Bloom & Grow ribbon, American Crafts green button, SU! Linen Thread


Supplies for Fabulous Birthday card:
Stamps: SU! Growing Green set, Fabulous Birthday by Hero Arts
CS: SU! Confetti White & Crumb Cake

Patterned paper: SU! Bella Bleu Designer Series Paper pack
Ink: SU! Crumb Cake, So Saffron, Not Quite Navy & Chocolate Chip
Tools: Labels Four Nestabilities dies, SU! Bird punch, sponge daubers
Embellishments & accessories: Glue dots


Photobucket

No comments:

01 09 10