Monday 15 November 2010

Fern & Flower Birthday Wishes For Kath

Yesterday it was our friend Kath's birthday and this is the card I made for her.  I won a prize draw and I chose the SU! Growing Green set as my prize so I couldn't wait to ink my new goodies up!  I fell in love with that fern image as soon as I saw it in the catalogue, it's gorgeous.

I stamped the fern and flower in VersaFine Sepia ink on watercolour paper.  To colour I patted my SU! inkpads onto a ceramic tile and then used a waterbrush to pick up the colour.  I used Nestabilty dies for my layers and added a strip of Olive grosgrain ribbon.  Then I used my favourite new tool - the SU! Photo Corners punch.  I've been waiting 3 years for this punch and I'm so happy I have it now!  I love how it has 2 sizes, I've used the larger size corners here.  To finish off the card front, I popped up the flower and added 3 olive crystals to the image panel.


This photo shows the envelope flap and inside the card.




Supplies:
Stamps: SU! Growing Green set, Hero Arts Birthday messages clear set, inside sentiment by Penny Black

CS: SU! Old Olive, Rich Razzleberry & Pale Plum, watercolour paper
Patterned paper: SU! Cottage Wall Designer Series Paper pack
Ink: SU! VersaFine Vintage Sepia, SU! Certainly Celery, Old Olive & Rich Razzleberry
Tools: Square Nestabilities dies, SU! Photo Corners punch, circle punches, waterbrush
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Old Olive grosgrain ribbon, olive crystals, 3d foam pads


Photobucket

1 comment:

Mary Marsh said...

this is such a pretty card-love the colors you used-and your coloring of the image is fab!!

01 09 10