Monday 29 November 2010

CAS Pastel Tree Merry Christmas Card

Today's CAS95 challenge on Splitcoast Stampers is to use flower accents on a card.  I decided to make a pastel Christmas card using silk poinsettias.  The card measures approx. 15 cms square.  The pink tree is a Craftwork Cards die cut shape which I embossed with the Victorian Fleur folder.  I went over the embossing with my Quickie Glue Pen and added Crystal ultrafine glitter.  I tore white CS for my snow at the bottom but I used the negative shape from the Sizzix Swirly Decorative Strip die for my snow flurry at the top of the card.  I've also added glitter to these two elements.  I threaded the button with silver lurex ribbon before attaching it to the flower centre.  The flower was attached to the card with a large glue dot.


This photo shows the inside of the card and the envelope flap.  I used another piece of the negative die cut shape for the bottom.  I added glitter to this piece and to the snowflakes on the sentiment.

I love snowy Christmas cards but I have to say I don't want actual snow!  I'm not enjoying this bitterly cold weather we're having, I'm such a chilly mortal!


Supplies:
Stamps: SU! Contempo Christmas & Serene Snowflakes sets, Warm Wishes to You by Hero Arts
CS: SU! Bashful Blue, Pretty in Pink & Whisper White, pink Craftwork Cards die cut tree shape
Ink: SU! Bashful Blue
Tools: PaperMania 'Victorian Fleur' embossing folder, Sizziz 'Swirly' Decorative Strip die, Square Nestabilities dies, circle punches
Embellishments & accessories: PaperMania silk poinsettia flowers, PaperMania pale blue button, silver lurex ribbon, Quickie Glue Pen, Crystal ultrafine glitter, glue dots

Photobucket

1 comment:

Mary Marsh said...

I like the non-traditional colors you used on this card ruth-pretty

01 09 10