Sunday 31 October 2010

Santa Gatefold Card

I haven't made a gatefold card in a long time and I saw Gina K's gatefold with a twist idea on Splitcoast Stampers and it prompted me to make one.  This is one of the cards I made at a Messy Day I attended yesterday.  Messy Day was right, the crafty gods did not smile on me yesterday - I got inky smudges and splattered coffee on some completed cards, hey ho!

I used SU! Ruby Red CS for the card base and inked the Santa stamp in Ruby Red ink.  I used markers to ink up the senriment.  I embossed the cream panels with a large snowflakes embossing folder, it's gorgeous!  Some ribbon, punched snowflakes and gems finished off the card.



This photo shows the twist, you glue one panel to one side and the other panel to the opposite side.



Supplies:
Stamps: Rubber Stampede Santa Collage, sentiment by Penny Black
CS: SU! Ruby Red, Crumb Cake & Very Vanilla
Ink: SU! Ruby Red & Chocolate Chip
Tools: Metric Scor-Pal, large snowflakes embossing folder from Cuttlebug Winter Wonderland set, snowflake punches, sponge dauber

Embellishments & accessories: SU! Chocolate Chip grosgrain ribbon, Anita's gem wheel


Photobucket

3 comments:

Michelle Short said...

This is beautiful Ruth, I love that stamp and it looks stunning in red. Love the embossing. Happy Halloween! xx

Dawn B. said...

Ruth this is beautiful.. I love this Santa stamp. I have it myself.. I hope all is well with you.. I have thought of you often.. Best wishes to you and Owen.

Curt in Indy said...

You did a beautiful job on this gate fold. I love the Santa image and the red, black, and white color combo. Great job! Best, Curt

01 09 10