Friday 22 October 2010

Another Birdie Catalogue CASE Card

I was looking through the new SU! catalogue the other day, purely to look at the card designs and to earmark some for CASEing.  Owen was sitting at the table opposite me and he pointed out a few cards that he liked, one of which was the bird trio card on page 47.  He was going for a job interview on Thursday so I decided to make him a good luck card based on the card from the catty.  I've used different colours and stamps, haven't bothered with the bleach stamping technique, the distressed card corner or the thread and I don't have any clips.

I used SU! Confetti White CS for the side opening A6 card base and Crumb Cake for the centre panel which I've distressed.  My birds are punched from Perfect Plum, Elegant Eggplant and Rich Razzleberry.  I've stamped each wing in the ink that matches the CS with the gorgeous flourish stamp from the Vintage Vogue set.  I used that for the stamping at the bottom of the card also.  The birds are popped up and I've added a purple gem eye to each one.  The sentiment is from a Waltzingmouse Stamps set.



Supplies:
Stamps: SU! Vintage Vogue set, Waltzingmouse Stamps Say It With Style set
CS: SU! Confetti White, Crumb Cake, Old Olive, Perfect Plum, Elegant Eggplant & Rich Razzleberry
Ink: SU! Old Olive, Perfect Plum, Elegant Eggplant & Rich Razzleberry
Tools: SU! Two Step Bird punch, SU! Curly Label punch, Tim Holtz edge distresser
Embellishments & accessories: Anita's gem wheel, 3d foam pads


Photobucket

No comments:

01 09 10