Saturday 25 September 2010

Owl Happiness Always Card

I made this little 4" x 4" square note card after making Jan's owl tent card.  I stamped the clouds background and originally intended it to go behind the aperture of the tent card but I ended up using patterned paper instead.  I decided to make a card using the stamped clouds panel - yep, I actually decided to make a card with it rather than just tossing the stamped panel in my "I'll keep that to use on a card some day" pile!  I'd like to think good habits like this could become a regular feature in my craft room - we'll see!  Something I have got better about this year though is finishing off a card completely before putting it in my stash.  I used to just decorate the front and that was that and then I ended up with a box full of partly finished cards - it took me AGES to sort those out and complete them and I vowed never again!  Now I decorate the envelope, inside the card and stamp my name on the card back before I put it away.

I die cut the leafy branch, stamped the owl and cut him out - he's popped up.  I've added yellow gems for his eyes.  I used circle punches for the sentiment.  Then I punched out some small flowers, added a bit of shaping and popped blue gems in the centres.  A nice little cheery note card for a friend I think!



Supplies:
Stamps: Hero Arts Midnight Owl cling stamp, Hero Arts Clouds background stamp, SU! Whimsical Words set
CS: Anita's white 4" square card, SU! Chocolate Chip, Bashful Blue, Old Olive, So Saffron & Whisper White
Ink: SU! Chocolate Chip
Tools: Sizzix Branch with Leaves Sizzlit die, SU! plain & scalloped circle punches, X Cut small flower punch
Embellishments & accessories: Anita's gem wheel, 3d foam pads

Photobucket

No comments:

01 09 10