Saturday 11 September 2010

Bird on a Branch For You Birthday RAK Card

I needed to send out four birthday cards in September as a member of the Birthday RAK group on Splitcoast Stampers.  I used two cards from my stash but I also made two new cards -  this new card went to okell. 

The card is a DL size made with textured white CS.  The colour scheme for this card was totally inspired by the piece of patterned paper I chose for the card front.  I love this mix of colours together!  I used Nesties for the image panels and sentiment circles.  I used my marker pens to added teal detailing to the tail and a chocolate eye on the bird.  The bird and the teal panel are popped up. 



I also sent okell a 6" ruler decorated with the same Sweet Pea patterned paper I used on the card but I didn't take a photo.

Supplies:
Stamps: SU! Bird on a Branch set, sentiment from SU! One of a Kind set
CS: DL textured white card blank, SU! Rose Red, Taken with Teal, Chocolate Chip, Pretty in Pink & Whisper White
Patterned paper: SU! Sweet Pea Designer Series Paper stack
Ink: SU! Pretty in Pink, Creamy Caramel, Old Olive, Taken with Teal & Chocolate Chip
Tools: Plain and scalloped long rectangle Nestabilities dies, circle Nestabilities dies, paper piercer, Bow Easy
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Vintage brads, white grosgrain ribbon, 3d foam pads


Photobucket

No comments:

01 09 10