Friday 2 July 2010

CAS Bold Curly Squares Best Wishes - July 2010 Card Group Project

Today I'm on my way to the Cotswolds for a break, yay! I'll be away for a couple of weeks but I've scheduled some blog posts for while I'm away. Fingers crossed it all works!

This is one of the cards we made at our July card group meeting. Very simple stamping and punching but I must say I love the bold, graphic look of this card. I usually stick to black and white plus one bold colour but it was a lot of fun playing around with different colours to get the combo for this card! I settled on Old Olive, Pumpkin Pie, Tempting Turquoise and Melon Mambo.

The card measures 4" square. I used the SU! Pocket Silhouettes set and the sentiment is from the Cute & Curly set that goes with the gorgeous Curly Label punch I used to cut out all the panels. I adore that brackety shape of course! Sadly, this punch and matching stamp set is not available in the UK SU! catalogue but I was very fortunate to win mine from eBay. I've glued my panels flat to the card but it would look good with some or all of the panels popped up.



Supplies:
Stamps: SU! Pocket Silhouettes & Cute & Curly sets
CS: Anita's 4" square textured white card blank, SU! Old Olive, Pumpkin Pie, Tempting Turquoise & Melon Mambo
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Tools: SU! Curly Label punch

Photobucket

No comments:

01 09 10