Wednesday 23 June 2010

Razzleberry Flowers For You Card - SC286

I checked out the SC286 sketch challenge today on Splitcoast Stampers and really liked the layout so I decided to make a card. I made mine a square card though, it's just a tad over 5 3/4" square.

I used my SU! Soft Summer stamp set a few days ago and I kept it out so that I could use it again, it's such a shame I've neglected it. I stamped on watercolour paper and used inks and a water brush to colour the image. I patted ink pads and scribbled markers onto a ceramic tile and then picked up the colour with the water brush. I then lightly sponged some Pale Plum ink around the image. I've added Crystal ultrafine glitter to the flower centres 'cos I love my flowers to sparkle!

The SU! Cottage Wall papers are just gorgeous, I love them and I am loving the Rich Razzleberry colour, especially paired with Old Olive. I really thought Melon Mambo would be my new fave SU! colour but Rich Razzleberry has won! The flower panel is popped up. To finish off the card I've added three candy dots. I love these embellies, the Spring Green Candy Dots from Pebbles Inc. are a perfect match to Old Olive, they're fabulous! I stock up on them when I visit the Glitter Pot.

Speaking of which, the Glitter Pot, my local stamping shop but really not THAT local to me, sent out an email with bad news and good news. The bad news is that they have had to close the shop with immediate effect - they're still accepting online and telephone orders though. However, the good news is that they will soon be opening a new, bigger shop - and it will be in Burgess Hill, the town where I live, - yay, I'm chuffed to bits!



Supplies:
Stamps: SU! Soft Summer & Fresh Cuts sets
CS: Watercolour paper, SU! Rich Razzleberry, Pale Plum, & Old Olive
Patterned paper: SU! Cottage Wall Designer Series Paper pack
Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa, SU! Rich Razzleberry, Old Olive & Orchid Opulence
Tools: Rectangle Nestabilities dies, water brush
Embellishments & accessories: Crystal ultrafine glitter, Quickie Glue Pen, Pebbles Inc. Spring Green Candy Dots, 3d foam tape

Photobucket

No comments:

01 09 10