Tuesday 8 June 2010

CAS Never More Than a Thought Away for Craft For Life Campaign

Monday's CAS70 challenge on Splitcoast Stampers was to use a greeting as the main focal point of the card. We were to choose a quote, verse or saying. I used a sentiment from the Whimsical Words set that I haven't inked up before.

I stamped the frame first and then added the sentiment using my Stamp-A-Ma-Jig and then cut it out with a Label One Nestie die. I embossed after cutting. I also embossed a white strip of CS with a Cuttlebug border folder and glued that near the bottom of the card.

The flowers were made by punching 3 of the smallest flowers from the SU! Boho Blossoms punch in Really Rust CS. I snipped the petals a little deeper and then placed each flower on a moulding mat and spiralled a really thick embossing stylus in the centre to add some shaping and dimension. I then added half pearls to the flower centres. This card will be donated to the Craft for Life campaign - and I plan to make many more!

A few weeks ago I visited my local Cancer Research UK shop and I saw they had a spinner rack full of handmade greetings cards. They are selling handmade cards as part of the Craft for Life campaign supporting Cancer Research UK. Each card is sold for £1 and all proceeds are donated to the charity. I brought a pile of empty cellophane bags home and filled them with cards from my stash. I went in again yesterday and brought home another pile of bags so I can make more cards to donate. The cards must be A6 size, can be for any theme but they must be left blank inside.

My hubby Owen is currently volunteering in the Burgess Hill shop and he says the cards are selling well. Cancer Research UK is a charity close to both of our hearts as Owen suffered a cancerous brain tumour back in 1989. Thank goodness, he was lucky and the tumour was removed and the cancer was successfully treated! We are always happy to do our bit for this charity and here comes my charity appeal to you fellow UK cardmakers! If you have a local Cancer Research UK shop, please go in and pick up a few card bags and donate some cards. You can also sell cards to family and friends and either donate the money to your local Cancer Research UK shop or send a cheque made payable to Cancer Research UK to Craft for Life, Cancer Research UK, Corporate Partnerships, PO Box 123, London WC2A 3PX. Thank you so much!




Supplies:
Stamps: SU! Whimsical Words set, Waltzingmouse Stamps Vintage Circles Small set
CS: White A6 card blank, SU! Whisper White
Ink: SU! Mellow Moss & Really Rust
Tools: Labels One Nestability die, SU! Boho Blossoms punch, Cuttlebug border embossing folder from Just My Type set, Stamp-A-Ma-Jig, embossing stylus & moulding mat
Embellishments & accessories: Half pearls

Photobucket

No comments:

01 09 10