Wednesday 16 June 2010

Birdie Pop Up Slider Birthday Card for Jan

This is the birthday card I made for Jan - using her Bird On a Branch stamp set I've borrowed, how cheeky! She is loving the fact that I didn't like this set when I first saw it in the Mini Catalogue but then I asked to borrow it from her! I really like it now I've played with it and I've ordered it this month so Jan can have her set back LOL! I decided to make a pop up slider card after seeing this lovely card on Joanne's blog. It reminded me I haven't made one for ages. I made one for Owen's birthday in 2007 and haven't made one since, I don't know why, they're a great design! I was inspired to use Melon Mambo with black and white and the popped up square in circle frame after seeing this post on Jenny's Stamping Moments blog.

Splitcoast Stampers has a tutorial for the surprise pop up card here. Also, Dawn Griffith has a video tutorial here.

I adjusted the measurements as I wanted to make a 5 3/4" square card. This photo shows the front of the card.



This photo shows the pull out slider part.



This photo shows the front of the card when the slider is pulled out.



I spritzed the black circle in square frame with Champagne Mist Shimmer Paint for a touch of sparkle. Here's a close up photo.



Finally, here's a photo showing how I decorated the envelope. I stamped a flower from the Greenhouse Garden set for the envelope flap - a set I also borrowed from Jan! I really expected to love the Greenhouse Garden set but after playing with both sets the Bird On a Branch set ended up as my fave.



Supplies:
Stamps: SU! Bird On a Branch & Greenhouse Garden sets, Hero Arts sentiments
CS: SU! Basic Black, Whisper White & Melon Mambo
Patterned paper: Doodlebug black & white polka dot
Ink: SU! Melon Mambo, VersaFine Onyx Black
Tools: Circle & square Nestability dies, EK Success Dotted Wave border punch, SU! Eyelet Border punch, circle punches, Sizzix Sizzlits Photo Corner #2 & Scribbles Swirls dies
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Melon Mambo dotted ribbon, SU! Champagne Mist Shimmer Paint, pink flower gems, Bazzill Bitty Blooms, black brads, 3d foam pads

Photobucket

No comments:

01 09 10