Tuesday 18 May 2010

Kissed Flower Trio Stamper's Ten Challenge Card

This is the card I made with the supplies Joanne gave us for the Stamper's Ten challenge this month. We were given CS in Close to Cocoa, Chocolate Chip and Very Vanilla, a piece of Bella Bleu patterned paper and some lush Chocolate Chip satin ribbon.

I used two new stamps for my card - Flower Accent and Fine Flourish - and tried out the kissing technique. I inked the flower in Creamy Caramel ink, stamped off once first and then kissed it to the Fine Flourish stamp which I'd inked with Chocolate Chip. I ended up with different toned flowers due to a mistake. I usually use scrap paper to stamp off onto but I stamped off onto CS by mistake with the first flower. So for my second flower, I stamped off onto scrap paper and I noticed that I got a much lighter colour. I liked the different tones so for my third flower I stamped off onto CS again.

I used my DEET and moulding mat to add some shaping to the flowers and then I added Pumpkin Pie felt flowers and small gem brads to the centres. I love the little pop of colour that the Pumpkin Pie adds to this card! I punched the branch from the Two Step Bird punch a few times, trimmed the length and glued them behind my flowers. I inked the Fine Flourish stamp in Creamy Caramel, stamped off once, and then stamped it onto Vanilla CS. I added the sentiment in Chocolate Chip ink and punched it out with a circle punch and matted it onto a larger circle.

We've got the Stamper's Ten Make and Take this evening - wonder what Joanne has got planned for us to make, can't wait to find out!



Supplies:
Stamps: SU! Flower Accent & Fine Flourish, sentiment from SU! Best Yet set
CS: SU! Close to Cocoa, Chocolate Chip & Very Vanilla
Patterned paper: SU! Bella Bleu Designer Series Paper pack
Ink: SU! Creamy Caramel & Chocolate Chip
Tools: SU! Circle punches, DEET & moulding mat
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Chocolate Chip satin ribbon, SU! Flower Fusion felt flowers, SU! clear rhinestone circle brads, glue dots

Photobucket

1 comment:

Dawn B. said...

This is beautiful. I love your flowers.. They are perfect for this card.. Thank you for your wonderful card I received today. My daughter was loving how pretty it is.. I always love mail that comes from across the pond. It means so much to me..:)

01 09 10