Thursday 27 May 2010

Dandelion Frame Ornate Cards

I made these cards with my new Sizzix Bigz XL card fronts die, I was chuffed to bits to get it at a great price from eBay! It's wonderful, you get two different card fronts on the one die, this elegant ornate brackety shape and then a more fun circles eyelet shape. I've made a card today with the eyelet shape so that will be featured on the blog soon! You cut, score and fold your CS and then die cut the card front you want. It makes A2 sized cards (US size) but the cards fit fine in a C6 envelope.

I first made the Celery and Choc Chip version. I cut the Choc Chip card and then cut a Celery piece to go over the top. After stamping the dandelion frame and sentiment, I added some crystal ultrafine glitter here and there for some sparkle. I then added Choc Chip satin ribbon and chocolate candy dots.



After I'd finished the card, I wondered how it would look oriented as landscape rather than portrait so I made another card straight away. This time I used Cameo Coral (a very neglected colour from my stash!) with the Choc Chip, a different sentiment and pearls instead of candy dots. I know the dandelion frame stamp is meant to be stamped in portrait orientation but I quite like it in landscape too.



Supplies:
Stamps: Hero Arts Dandelion Frame cling stamp, sentiment on Celery card also Hero Arts, sentiment on Coral card from SU! Sincere Salutations set
CS: SU! Chocolate Chip, Certainly Celery & Cameo Coral
Ink: SU! Chocolate Chip
Tools: Sizzix Bigz XL Card Fronts, A2 Eyelet & Ornate die
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Chocolate Chip satin ribbon, Art Institute Crystal ultrafine glitter, Pebbles Inc. Chocolate Candy Dots, half pearls

Photobucket

No comments:

01 09 10