Saturday 17 April 2010

Yummy Pizza Box with Foofy Flower

Every month when we go to Joanne's Stamper's Ten Make & Take evening she provides scrummy biscuits. As I'm trying to lose weight with the low GI diet I always take my own packet of two oaty biscuits. Last time I took the Nairn's Dark Choc Chip variety and when Joanne saw the packet she wondered what they were like - but I'd already eaten them! So I decided to give her a couple of packets of the biccies in a box so she could try them.

I made the pizza box with my Scor-Pal following the tutorial found here - the page will open in a new window. I used SU! Kraft and Not Quite Navy CS and SU! Bella Bleu patterned paper. I used a ticket corner punch on the patterned paper piece. I stamped the sentiment and cut it out with a Nestie die. Then I made a foofy flower following a tutorial from someone's blog - but I can't remember where I saw it now and I didn't bookmark it! I used the SU! 5 Petal Flower punch to make the flower, I punched 2 out of Kraft CS and then scrunched them up really well which softens the CS up. Then because the CS has softened, you can peel the layers apart so you end up with 4 layers which you attach together with a brad. I stamped my flowers with a background stamp before assembling.

To make my brad, I used the PaperMania Brad Making Refill kit. The kit comes with brads, adhesive circles and clear dome stickers. I punched out a circle of the patterned paper, adhered that to the brad and popped on the clear dome sticker. Then I foofed up the flower to give it some dimension.



Supplies:
Stamps: SU! Yummy set, Hero Arts Stars & Swirls stamp
CS: SU! Kraft & Not Quite Navy
Patterned paper: SU! Bella Bleu Designer Series Paper pack
Ink: SU! Not Quite Navy
Tools: Metric Scor-Pal, Labels Four Nestabilities die, SU! 5 Petal Flower punch, Woodware Ticket Corner punch, small circle punch
Embellishments & accessories: PaperMania Brad Making Refill kit, glue dots

Photobucket

No comments:

01 09 10