Sunday 11 April 2010

You Shine Card for Owen - Plus a Card Hubby Made!

My hubby Owen has been a complete star, he has made sure that I had such a special birthday. He cleaned and tidied the house, made me a chocolate and pecan cake, bought me some lovely gifts plus he gave me some money towards a new camera. Not only that, the card he put the money in - he made it himself! How lucky am I?! I was so surprised and impressed, I had no idea he'd been in my craft room! He bought a packet of patterned cards, a packet of embellishments and then he stamped a happy birthday sentiment. The good thing is, I got the leftover cards and embellishments LOL! Here's a photo of the card:



So I whipped up a quick and simple card for my star of a hubby today - the star image and "you shine" from the fabulous Waltzingmouse Stamps Sewing Box Hugs set were perfect to thank him for everything! I made an A6 sized Z fold card using the Scor-Pal with SU! Confetti White CS. The patterned paper I used is from the SU! Bella Bleu pack. The star is popped up and I die cut the sentiment with a Labels Trio die and added a black candy dot. To finish, I tied some black grosgrain ribbon around the card and tied it in a a knot.



Supplies:
Stamps: Waltzingmouse Stamps Sewing Box Hugs set
CS: SU! Confetti White and So Saffron CS, black CS
Patterned paper: SU! Bella Bleu Designer Series Paper pack
Ink: VersaMagic Midnight Black chalk ink
Tools: Square Nestabilities dies, Spellbinders Labels Trio die, Scor-Pal
Embellishments & accessories: Black grosgrain ribbon, Pebbles Inc. Black Candy Dots, 3d foam pads

Photobucket

No comments:

01 09 10