Wednesday 24 March 2010

Pierced Frame & Flourish Easter Card

I was browsing digital images on the Fred, She Said web site and when I saw this flower it made me think of a daffodil, perfect for an Easter card. I liked how the images also came with a paper piercing frame and flourish design that works with the Labels Eight Nestie dies too. This card will go to our neighbours Kath and Jim.

I stamped a speckly stamp as a background over the cream A6 card with So Saffron ink. I printed out the piercing design on a piece of white CS and used that as a template so I could pierce the Certainly Celery CS and then cut it out with a Label Eight Nestie die. I printed the flower parts, coloured them with Copic markers and cut them out. I used my DEET and a moulding mat to add some shaping and I put a pale orange gem in the centre. The leaves were made using a Sizzlits die. I then stamped the sentiment and finished off by placing five square clear gems underneath.



Supplies:
Stamps: Paper Pricking Patterns Frame & Flourish digital image from Fred, She Said, SU! Itty Bitty Backgrounds set, sentiment from SU! Seasonal Wishes set
CS: Anita's cream A6 card blank, SU! Certainly Celery & Old Olive CS, Craftwork Cards Digital Extra Smooth white CS
Ink: SU! So Saffron, VersaFine Onyx Black
Tools: Labels Eight Nestabilities die, SU! Little Leaves Sizzlits die, DEET & moulding mat, X Cut Pokey Tool & mouse mat
Embellishments & accessories: Doodlebug gem, PaperMania Mosaics clear square gems

Photobucket

1 comment:

paige said...

Pretty card! love your attention to those special details.

01 09 10