Saturday 20 March 2010

Gift Box Set of Six Notecards

I'm giving this boxed set of six notecards to my friend Tanya as part of her birthday gift. It's not her birthday until May so I'm ahead of the game for once!

I used the M&F board to make the gift box from 2 pieces of SU! Chocolate Chip CS cut to 6 1/2" - the box is 1" deep. The cards are Anita's 4" square white textured card blanks. I made 3 'Thank you' cards and 3 'for you' cards using two different patterned papers from the SU! Sweet Always collection. On the 'for you' sentiment ovals I've stamped the tiny flower from the Flight of the Butterfly set. I kept the layout exactly the same for all 6 cards.

I punched the Regal Rose flowers out with the SU! Scalloped Circle punch. The flower centres are silver metal nailheads that I've coloured dark brown with a Copic marker. The scalloped strip is made with a Sizzix die and I used the SU! oval punches for the sentiments.



This pic shows the box and the pile of decorated envelopes. The flower is a Maya Road velvet blossom with a gem brad centre.



Supplies:
Stamps: SU! Petal Pizzazz, Fresh Cuts & Flight of the Butterfly sets
CS: SU! Regal Rose, Whisper White & Chocolate Chip
Patterned paper: SU! Sweet Always Designer Series Paper pack
Ink: SU! Regal Rose, Certainly Celery & Chocolate Chip
Tools: M&F Board, SU! Scalloped Circle punch, Sizzix Lace Edging Decorative Strip die, SU! plain and scalloped oval punches, dark brown Copic marker
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Chocolate Chip grosgrain ribbon, silver metal nailheads, Maya Road velvet blossom, gem brad

Photobucket

1 comment:

Michelle Short said...

They are really beautiful Ruth, I bet Tanya will love them :0) xx

01 09 10