Friday 12 March 2010

Fan Fold Flower Gift Box

My friend Jan came round to play yesterday afternoon and she wanted to make a gift box to hold a necklace she's bought as a birthday gift for someone. So this project was a joint venture.

We used the M&F board to make the box and we started with 2 squares of 6 1/4" Chocolate Chip CS and ended up with a box measuring 4 1/4" square. We layered the Rose Red patterned paper onto a Pretty in Pink mat. The strip of Chocolate Chip was scalloped along both edges using the SU! Scallop Border punch. The Olive fancy corner accents are Cuttlebug die cuts.

The making of the fan fold flower was all Jan's work. I've not made one before and I enjoyed seeing it made. I don't think I'd put one on a card as they're a bit bulky but I liked it on the box lid. There's a Fan Fold Flower tutorial here on Splitcoast Stampers. It was a tad tricky to get it to lay flat as a flower shape, not helped by me watching Jan struggle LOL! It's always tough when someone watches! My contribution to the flower was to suggest the button centre with the Old Olive CS strips threaded through the holes, which finished it off rather nicely I thought.



Supplies:
Stamps: None
CS: SU! Chocolate Chip, Old Olive & Pretty in Pink
Patterned paper: SU! Rose Red & Old Olive Prints Designer Series Paper packs
Ink: None
Tools: M&F Board, SU! Scallop Border punch, Cuttlebug die from Vintage set, 3/4" circle punch (to make thumb holes at the sides of the box to make it easier to open)
Embellishments & accessories: Pink button

Photobucket

2 comments:

Pauline said...

A lovely box, such a pretty flowere! Pauline x

paige said...

I'm enjoying your pretty cards and fun blog!

01 09 10