Wednesday 17 March 2010

CAS Chocolate Chip Mint Butterfly

This card was made for the CAS58 Chocolate Chip Mint colour challenge on Splitcoast Stampers where we had to use any shades of green and brown plus white or cream. I went to a craft shop on Tuesday and found this gorgeous green patterned CS, it's really thick so is ideal for card bases and has a white back so perfect for writing your message inside too!

The card is a standard A6 size. Before stamping the sentiment on the white CS, I stamped the flourish background stamp in SU! Certainly Celery ink, having stamped off once first. I die cut the butterfly from Chocolate Chip CS and embossed it with the Victoria Cuttlebug folder. I then swiped my VersaMark pad over the raised embossing and heat embossed using clear powder to get a nice glossy look to the raised parts.

I scored lines down both sides of the butterfly body so I could fold the wings up a tad. I also put half a foam dot under each wing - with the backing paper still intact, which ensures the wings will stay popped up even after being in the envelope. To finish off, I added green crystals to the butterfly body.



Supplies:
Stamps: Hero Arts Design Block: Flourish background stamp, Hero Arts Lots of Wonderful
CS: Kanban green Deco Milano Card, SU! Whisper White & Chocolate Chip CS
Ink: VersaMark & SU! Chocolate Chip
Tools: Cuttlebug butterfly die, Victoria Cuttlebug embossing folder, heat gun
Embellishments & accessories: Clear embossing powder, green crystals, 3d foam pads

Photobucket

No comments:

01 09 10