Friday 26 March 2010

Birdhouse Notecard

I went to my SU! Stamper's Ten group Make & Take evening on Tuesday night and Joanne showed us how to make a sweet birdhouse card and I really fell in love with the design. We used new goodies that will be available to purchase from the SU! Mini Catalogue on 1st April. I can't wait, there were a few 'must have' items for me!

Anyway, I decided to make a birdhouse card using stuff I already have seeing as how I've got to wait to order the new goodies! The Certainly Celery card base measures a tad over 3" square. The roof was made with a 4" square of Choc Chip CS cut in half diagonally and then I scalloped the edge with a border punch. The Olive patterned paper piece was a 3" square cut in half diagonally. The roof triangle is then just glued to the front of the folded card base. The birdhouse 'hole' was made with a 1 3/8" punched circle. This card fits nicely into a 5" square envelope.

The bird was made using the smallest die in the Spellbinders Birds Shapeabilities set. I stamped the foliage stamp from the Fresh Cuts set in Caramel ink all over the bird. I die cut the Little Leaves die cut shape and cut it into 3 separate pieces. The flower was punched from the Boho Blossoms punch and I added some shaping with a DEET and a moulding mat. I added an olive gem to the centre of the flower and I coloured a clear Swarovski crystal with a dark brown Copic marker and used that as the bird's eye. The bird is popped up.

A friend recently told me one of our friends is trying to give up smoking. A perfect opportunity to send "a little birdie told me.." card! This will be sent to Jack to say well done and offer encouragement to keep it up. I inked the foliage stamp from the Fresh Cuts set again, stamping off once, on Vanilla CS, stamped the sentiment and cut it out with a Labels Trio die.



Supplies:
Stamps: SU! Fresh Cuts set, sentiment from Hero Arts 'Hello Birdie' Sparkle Clear set
CS: SU! Certainly Celery, Creamy Caramel, Chocolate Chip, Rose Red, Very Vanilla & Old Olive
Patterned paper: SU! Old Olive Prints Designer Series Paper pack
Ink: SU! Creamy Caramel, VersaMagic Jumbo Java chalk ink
Tools: Spellbinders Bird Shapeabilities die, Spellbinders Labels Trio die, Fiskars Threading Water punch, SU! 1 3/8" circle punch, SU! Boho Blossoms punch, SU! Little Leaves Sizzlits die, DEET & moulding mat
Embellishments & accessories: Swarovski crystals, Dark Bark Copic marker, 3d foam pads

Photobucket

No comments:

01 09 10