Wednesday 27 January 2010

Sunshine Card for SSHP15

This card was made for the Let the Sunshine In! challenge at the Saturday Spotlight with Hidden Potential blog. Click here to visit the blog post - the page will open in a new window. I took the challenge literally and used my oldie but goodie sunshine stamps! I've had these stamps for years, it's so nice to get them inky again after being neglected for a while.

The card measures 5 3/4" square and I used So Saffron CS and textured Bazzill black CS for the mat. I stamped the sun face first in black ink on So Saffron CS and then stamped the whole sun on white CS in So Saffron ink. I cut the face out and have popped it up with 3d foam pads. The 'May your day be filled with sunshine' sentiment is just perfect to use with the sun stamp! I like it 'cos you can use it as a 'just because' card or for a birthday.

I attached the scalloped strip to the white panel and then glued the dots that came out of the holes alongside for a bit more interest. The scallop was made with the Sizzix Lace Edging Decorative Strip die. The ribbon is So Saffron grosgrain. I don't use yellow that often but I do like it with the dramatic black and white combo!




Supplies:
Stamps: Stampendous Soleil Points & Stampendous Sunshine Wave
CS: SU! So Saffron & Whisper White, Bazzill Raven
Ink: SU! So Saffron, VersaFine Onyx Black
Tools: Sizzix Lace Edging Decorative Strip die
Embellishments & accessories: SU! So Saffron grosgrain ribbon, 3d foam pads

Photobucket

4 comments:

Tammy said...

Gorgeous card Ruth! Love how you did your border panel with the dots! ...Thank you for stopping by my blog!

Tammy x

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Super cute! I love your sunshine image, so perfect for the sunshine challenge!! Great border you created too! Thanks for joining us at Saturday Spotlight this week!

Boni Boutelle-Jones said...

Love this card! You really did a cool job of putting all the elements together and piecing the sun really makes it stand out! BTW I love your siggy too, those little mice are adorable!!!

Dawn B. said...

This is perfect for the sunshine challenge Ruth..That image is awesome. I have never seen that before. I like the way you stamped it..Thanks for joining us at Saturday Spotlight.

01 09 10