Saturday 9 January 2010

Sparkly Birthday Cupcakes for Bev

It was my friend Bev's birthday this week and this is the card I sent to her. I got the SU! Crazy for Cupcakes set a while ago and haven't really played with it much. I'm not sure why, I love cupcake images, especially that stand of cupcakes!

The card measures 5 3/4" square and was made with SU! Regal Rose CS. The pretty patterned papers are from the SU! Sweet Always pack and I matted those on Choc Chip CS. I coloured the cupcakes with Watercolor Wonder Crayons and a blender pen. I hadn't tried that method before but it worked really well so I shall definitely try that again. I paper pieced the cupcake stand though, using a tiny polka dot patterned paper - sweet! I added sparkly crystal ultrafine glitter to the icing on the cupcakes.

I used Label Four Nestie dies for the image and mat. After I'd coloured, paper pieced and glittered I decided to stamp a co-ordinating Waltzingmouse stamp frame. I really should have decided on that to begin with - take it from me, you do NOT want to decide to do this at the last moment! I stamped the dotty frame stamp and it didn't stamp all the way - arrrgggh! Anyway, I took a brown Marvy pen and just drew around the frame to fill in the dots in order to rescue it. It all adds to the home made charm - that's my story and I'm sticking to it!

To finish off the front, I stamped the curved sentiment from the set and punched out a circle. I've added a felt flower with a pink rhinestone brad for a touch more sparkle. The image and sentiment are both popped up.



I then decorated the inside of the card and the envelope flap. See, I CAN stamp a frame perfectly LOL! Here's a pic of the inside:



I really hope Bev liked her card, I enjoyed making it, despite the boo boo!


Supplies:
Stamps: SU! Crazy for Cupcakes set, Waltzingmouse Stamps Very Vintage Labels No. 4 set
CS: SU! Regal Rose, Chocolate Chip & Whisper White
Patterned paper: SU! Sweet Always Designer Series Paper pack
Ink: SU Chocolate Chip & Pumpkin Pie, VersaFine Vintage Sepia, VersaMagic Jumbo Java chalk ink, Dark Brown Marvy Le Plume II pen
Tools: Labels Four Nestabilities dies, circle punches, SU! Watercolor Wonder crayons, blender pen
Embellishments & accessories: Art Institute Crystal ultrafine glitter, SU! Flower Fusion felt flower, pink rhinestone brad, 3d foam pads

Photobucket

2 comments:

Vicki said...

Ooow lovely card Ruth, I bet your friend loved it, I have this stamp set too and now feel inspired to go and use it...lol.

Hugs
Vicki x

Dawn B. said...

Your blog looks terrific Ruth..I love it. This card is wonderful and she will love it..I REALLY like the way you decorated the envelope..Great job.

01 09 10