Wednesday 20 January 2010

Hydrangeas Thank You

Michelle very kindly sent me some gorgeous pretties for Christmas, including Prima hydrangea flowers with some gems and pearls. I love flowers and sparkle so I was delighted with the gift and thought I would use some of these new goodies on her thank you card.

The card measures just a tad under 5" square and I used SU! Barely Banana CS. The patterned paper is from the Basic Grey Bittersweet collection - Michelle had sent me a 6" x 6" pad as an earlier gift so I'm using lots of her goodies on this card! After rounding the bottom corners, I added the flowers with pearl and gem centres. I then tied the pink ribbon around the card and attached the sentiment oval. I stamped the sentiment once on Vanilla CS and again on Pretty in Pink and then I cut the tiny butterfly out of the pink CS and layered it over the top.




Supplies:
Stamps: SU! Ovals All set
CS: SU! Barely Banana, Very Vanilla & Pretty in Pink
Patterned paper: Basic Grey Bittersweet 6" x 6" pad
Ink: SU! Chocolate Chip
Tools: SU! plain and scalloped oval punches, Crop-A-Dile Corner Chomper
Embellishments & accessories: Prima hydrangea flowers, Prima gems & pearls, pink grosgrain ribbon, glue dots

Photobucket

1 comment:

Dawn B. said...

This is beautiful Ruth. What a sweet friend. I am holding off til your birthday for a surprise...hehe. I really like this layout. It is perfect for your flowers..

01 09 10