Tuesday 19 January 2010

CAS Teal Bird Thanks So Much

Monday's CAS challenge on Splitcoast Stampers was a colour challenge to use teal, white plus one additional colour. I chose black and I really like the dramatic combo!

The card measures just a tad under 5" square. I love this bird, it has such a pleasing plump shape and I love the swirls and snowflakes too! I cut out the image and mat with Nesties. I tied a knot in the gingham ribbon and added it to the corner. The 'thanks so much' is from a clear Hero Arts set, I used circle punches for this sentiment element and it's popped up. I added a black candy dot to the centre to finish.




Supplies:
Stamps: Inkadinkado Winter Birds set, Hero Arts clear Thank You Messages set
CS: White and black CS, SU! Taken with Teal
Ink: VersaFine Onyx Black, SU! Taken with Teal
Tools: Square Nestabilities dies, circle punches
Embellishments & accessories: Gingham ribbon, Pebbles Inc. Black Candy Dot, 3d foam pads


EDITED TO ADD: I so enjoyed making this card I made another with Real Red CS but I did the sentiment differently. Then I used the owl stamp to make two A6 cards using the black white plus one additional colour theme. I wanted to use colours that would pop next to the black so I used So Saffron and Tempting Turquoise. I've used a different sentiment on each card. I'm sending these as a gift to my friend Kevin.







Photobucket

No comments:

01 09 10