Wednesday 9 December 2009

Vintage Holly Merry Christmas

I don't often make vintage style cards but I do like to go out of my comfort zone every now and again LOL! I love this glittered holly paper but it uses quite deep, rich colours so vintage seems to suit it. Plus I got to play with my new Nesties and stamps!

I've always loved the shape of the Labels Four Nestability dies but I didn't get round to buying them. Then I discovered Waltzingmouse stamps who carry a range of Nestie friendly stamps and their 'Say it with Style' set pushed me over the edge into buying the Labels Four dies. The Say it with Style set has a frame that matches a Label Four die, loads of sentiments in that gorgeous, classy font and several image and accent stamps too. It's a fabulous set - and I also got their Very Vintage Labels Four stamp set too which has lots of frames and accents that go with the Labels Four dies. Oh dear, another stamp company I've fallen in love with! Click here if you would like to visit Waltzingmouse stamps - the page will open in a new window.

This card is a standard A6 size made with SU! Bravo Burgundy CS. I matted the holly paper onto Garden Green CS and used the SU! Ticket Corner punch on all the corners. Before adhering this to the card front, I wrapped some Old Olive grosgrain ribbon around the panel. I stamped the frame, die cut the Label Four shape and then added the sentiment. I've sponged some Burgundy ink on the sentiment piece. Then I cut a larger Labels Four shape in Garden Green CS to mat my sentiment on. The Garden Green and Vanilla pieces are both popped up. To finish off, I added pearls at the corners.



Supplies:
Stamps: Waltzingmouse Say it with Style set
CS: SU! Bravo Burgundy, Garden Green & Very Vanilla
Patterned paper: K & Co Christmas Cheer Holly Glittered Paper
Ink: VersaMagic Tea Leaves & Jumbo Java chalk inks, SU Bravo Burgundy
Tools: Labels Four Nestabilities dies, SU! Ticket Corner punch
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Old Olive grosgrain ribbon, half pearls, 3d foam pads

Photobucket
Ruth

No comments:

01 09 10